Skip to main content
COVID-19/Travel Advisories


We’re a friendly, laid-back fishing village that welcomes visitors from all over the world. If you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers. Contact with us to help with any of your vacation planning needs.

Effective at noon (Pacific time) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021, campfires, Category 2 and Category 3 open fires will be prohibited throughout the province of British Columbia.

This prohibition will remain in effect until noon on Oct. 15, 2021, or until the order is rescinded.

The provincial weather forecast calls for record-breaking high temperatures throughout B.C. this week and follows a spring of lower-than-average precipitation in the southern half of the province. These conditions are expected to persist in the coming weeks.

Camping is a long-standing tradition in this province. The B.C. government recognizes that people also enjoy having campfires, so it takes any decision to implement a campfire ban very seriously.

The BC Wildfire Service takes these extreme heat conditions seriously. Additional precautions are being undertaken throughout the province, including fire warden patrols, fixed-wing aircraft patrols and an active enforcement presence. Wildfire prevention is a shared responsibility. Human-caused wildfires are completely preventable and divert critical resources away from lightning-caused fires.

The BC Wildfire Service is constantly monitoring current and forecast conditions and maintaining preparedness.

A campfire is defined as any fire smaller than 0.5 metres high by 0.5 metres wide.

In addition to campfires, Category 2, and Category 3 open fires, the following activities are also prohibited:

  • The use of fireworks
  • The use of sky lanterns
  • The use of burn barrels or burn cages of any size or description
  • The use of binary exploding targets
  • The use of tiki and similar kinds of torches
  • The use of chimineas
  • The use of outdoor stoves or other portable campfire apparatus without a Canadian Standards Association (CSA) or Underwriter Laboratories of Canada (ULC) rating
  • The use of air curtain burners in Cariboo, Coastal, Northwest, Prince George and Southeast fire centres

To report a wildfire, unattended campfire, or open burning violation, call 1 800 663-5555 toll-free or *5555 on a cell phone.

For more information please see the Government of BC website.

Ucluelet RCMP (Police)
Phone: 250-726-7773

Ucluelet Fire Department
Phone: 250-726-4784

Ucluelet Ambulance
Phone: 250-725-2252

Tofino Hospital (Shared with Ucluelet)
Phone: 250-725-4010

Ucluelet Medical Clinic
Phone: 250-726-4443

Ucluelet Coast Guard
Phone: 250-726-7770

Ucluelet Dentist (Located in Tofino)
Phone: 250-725-2068

Ucluelet Fisheries and Oceans
Phone: 250-725-3500

Pacific Rim Chiropractic (Ucluelet & Tofino)
Phone: 250-726-2220

Harbour Health RMT
Phone: 250-726-7119

Nurture Day Spa for RMT
Phone: 250-726-6278

Harborview Drugstore
Phone: 250-726-2733

Coop Pharmacy
Phone: 250-726-4342

Please be outdoor aware.Our wildlife is elusive and are best viewed on a wildlife tour. But, from time-to-time we do see them in town. However, once animals become accustomed to people, they are in danger of losing their “wildness”. Habituated animals (those that have lost their natural fear of humans) can be dangerous because they appear docile and may come too close to humans. Stay away from wildlife. By acting responsibly, you can help ensure that future generations have an opportunity to see wildlife that is truly wild. Parks Canada has a responsibility to protect wildlife and their habitat. With your cooperation, bears, wolves, cougars and people can co-exist. The Pacific Rim National Park has a fantastic wildlife awareness page that we encourage all visitors to review.

Hard to pronounce. Harder to forget! While the name looks hard to say it is actually very easy. It’s simply: U • CLUE • LET or Ukee (U•Key) as locals affectionately refer to Ucluelet.

This is Ucluelet’s main Visitor Centre and can help with all your accommodation and vacation planning needs and is shared with the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve. Both organizations provide regional tourism information about the West Coast including Tofino. You’ll find the Centre located at the junction of BC Highway 4 and the Tofino/Ucluelet Highway.

Tourism Ucluelet Desk – Until further notice
Saturday & Sunday only 10am – 5pm
Hours may vary depending on season

Parks Canada Desk – Winter hours
Friday – Sunday 10am to 5pm
Hours vary based on season

Address: 2791 Pacific Rim Highway, Ucluelet, BC
Telephone Number: 250-726-4600

The population of Ucluelet as of 2016 is 1,717.

The time zone is Pacific Standard Time PDT (UTC-7) from March 13, 2o21 until November 7, 2021 then the time zone is Pacific Standard Time PST (UTC-8)

Ucluelet is located at the western edge of Barkley Sound, 288 kilometres Northwest of the British Columbia’s provincial capital, Victoria, on the outer west coast of Vancouver Island. The closest city is Port Alberni approximately 100 km to the east and the District of Tofino is 40 km northwest of Ucluelet on Highway 4.

Ucluelet is surrounded on both sides by the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve; the Long Beach Unit to the Northwest and Broken Islands Group to the South.

Yes, your four-legged travel companions will love Ucluelet and the Pacific Rim. There are designated doggie parks in Ucluelet, but please remember dogs are required to be on leash at all times within the District of Ucluelet as well as in Pacific Rim National Park Reserve. It’s for their safety and others comfort. We’d also grateful it if you could pick up after your dog. You’ll find doggie bag stations at trail heads as well as waste bins throughout Ucluelet. No one likes that smell on their shoe all day!

Several accommodation properties in the area have specialized programs that will welcome your pet(s) in style and comfort. Check out our accommodations.

  • Lightweight shirts
  • Sweater or Fleece – need to be cozy
  • A hat or scarf
  • Camera to capture your memories
  • Lightweight pants and shorts
  • Bathing suit to wear under a wetsuit
  • Sunglasses
  • Sunscreen (Yes, you need it here)
  • Jacket
  • Wind/water repellant protective shell; Gore-Tex is always in vogue
  • Sturdy footwear for all the exploring and adventure that awaits
  • Backpack to carry all the delightful treats found in local shops and markets
  • A book you’ve been meaning to read – pull up a piece of beach or driftwood on one of Ucluelet’s pristine beaches and enjoy the peacefulness
  • Charging cords –Ucluelet wants you to unplug and reconnect with nature, but let’s be honest, those latest posts and emails aren’t going to read themselves!

If you are arriving here from outside of Canada, by the time you make your way to Ucluelet you will already have been cleared through Canadian Customs. Government regulations require all visitors arriving in Canada by air, land and see from the United States of America and elsewhere, to have a valid passport. Additional documentation may be required, such as a visitor visa or alien card permitting entry.

Tipping is customary in the tourism industry, with a standard minimum tip of fifteen per cent (15%-20%). Tips can also be given to drivers, tour guides, spa therapists, hairdressers, bartenders, hotel attendants, etc., at your discretion.

Credit Card and Bank Debit Cards use are widespread. VISA, Mastercard, American Express are accepted at most local shops and services, as are bank debit cards.

Address: 212 Main Street, Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0
Phone: (250) 726-7701
Monday to Friday – 9:30AM to 5:00PM

Coastal Credit Union of British Columbia (ATM)
Address: 1566 Peninsula Rd, Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0
Phone: (250) 726-7785
Monday to Friday – 10:00AM to 4:00PM

Canada is a bi-lingual nation, with both English and French being our official languages. English is the most commonly used language in local restaurants, shops, and businesses throughout the region.

For more information and the latest information, call Revenue Canada, Customs and Excise at (204) 983-3500 (from outside Canada) or 1-800-461-9999 (from inside Canada), or visit

Generally, wearing apparel and personal effects for use by visitors are admitted free of duty. People aged 19 and over may bring up to 50 cigars, 200 cigarettes, and 220 g (8 oz) of manufactured tobacco into Canada. People aged 19 and over may also bring 1.14 litres (40 oz) of spirits or 1.5 litres (45 oz) of wine or 8.5 litres (288 oz) of beer or ale into Canada. All goods must be declared. Revolvers, pistols, and fully automatic firearms are prohibited entry into Canada. All weapons must be declared.

Non-residents may claim GST rebates (conditions apply). Forms are available on BC Ferries, airports, Greyhound Bus terminals and other locations.

Currency in Canada is based on the Canadian dollar and is similar to American currency with coinage including nickels (five cents), dimes (ten cents), quarters (twenty-five cents), and then the one dollar coin commonly referred to as a Loonie (for the embossed image of a Loon that graces one side) and the two dollar coin called a Twoonie (or toonie). Canadian currency also comes in bills of $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 denominations.

Many businesses will accept the US dollar but exchange rates will vary. The local bank can also help you exchange your US dollars into CAD dollars. Look at the currency exchange rate:

Canada operates on 110V, 60 cycle electric power — the same as the United States. Non-North American visitors should bring a plug adaptor if you wish to use your small appliances from home (i.e. razors, hairdryers). If you are visiting from countries such as Australia, where they use a higher voltage, you may encounter problems charging your rechargeable batteries.

Statutory holidays include:

  • New Year’s Day (January 1)
  • Good Friday & Easter Sunday & Monday
  • Victoria Day
  • Canada Day (July 1)
  • BC Day (first Monday in August)
  • Labour Day (First Monday in September)
  • Thanksgiving (2nd Monday in October)
  • Remembrance Day (November 11)
  • Christmas Day (December 25)

Most local businesses are open during these statutory holidays.

“British Columbia prohibits the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone under the age of 19 years. Alcoholic beverages can only be purchased at B.C. Liquor Agency Stores, beer and wine stores, and at licensed restaurants, pubs, and lounges.

In general, alcoholic beverages can only be consumed on licensed premises or private property. Drinking alcohol is not permitted in unlicensed public areas, including all parks, beaches, and streets. Within your campsite in the National Park, alcoholic beverages may be consumed as it is considered private property.

Throughout Canada, the maximum legal blood alcohol concentration for fully licensed drivers is to be under 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood, or 0.08.

Driving with a BAC of 0.08 or over is a criminal offence, and the penalties are severe.
Smoking or vaping (tobacco, cannabis, etc.) is not allowed in any public buildings in British Columbia, including restaurants and bars. Please respect any posted signage while visiting the area.

BYLAW No.1187 Smoking or vaping (tobacco, cannabis, etc.) is also prohibited in all public parks in Ucluelet and within 8 meters of public doorways.”

If you require any municipal or business information call or visit:

Office Hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4pm (except Stat Holidays and Christmas Closure)

Mailing Address:
PO Box 999, Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0

Civic Address:
200 Main Street
Telephone (General Enquiries): 250-726-7744

Fax: 250-726-7335

Speak to your accommodations provider to see if they have anything available on site.