Ucluelet is located on the magnificent outer West Coast of Vancouver Island. About a 4-hour drive, we are 290 kilometers (km) northwest of British Columbia’s provincial capital, Victoria, and approximately five hours, including the ferry ride, from Vancouver. The closest city is Port Alberni, approximately 100 km to the east, and the District of Tofino is about 40 km northwest of Ucluelet. Map
- From Vancouver – 196 km (2.5 hours driving + 2.5 hours by ferry)
- From Calgary – 1229 km (13 hours driving + 2.5 hours by ferry)
- From Seattle – 483 km (6 hours driving + 2.5 hours by ferry)
- From Victoria – 290 km (4 hours)
- From Nanaimo – 182 km (2.5 hours)
- From Comox – 205 km (3 hours)
- From Port Alberni – 100 km (1.5 hours)
- From Tofino – 40 km (35 minutes)
When travelling north from Nanaimo, exit west on Highway 4 toward Port Alberni, Tofino and Ucluelet. In a few short hours, you will arrive at the junction of Highway 4 and the Pacific Rim Highway, turn left at the junction and drive southeast 8 kilometres to Ucluelet.
Please note: All Season M/S Rating or Winter tires are required when driving Highway 4 to Ucluelet from October 1st to March 31st each year. For more information from British Columbia’s Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure, please click here.
Tip: Visit Drive BC for real-time highway conditions and webcams at the Port Alberni Summit and Sutton Pass.