Ucluelet is located on the magnificent outer West Coast of Vancouver Island; 288 kilometers (km) (179 miles) northwest of the British Columbia’s provincial capital, Victoria, and appx six hours from Vancouver.
The closest city is Port Alberni, approximately 100 km (60miles) to the east and the District of Tofino is about 40 km (25miles) northwest of Ucluelet.
- .5 hours driving and 2.5 hours ferry
- From Calgary – 1229 km (764 mi), 13 hours driving and 2.5 hours ferry
- From Seattle – 483 km (300 mi), 6 hours driving and 2.5 hours ferry
- From Victoria – 293 km (182 mi) 4.5 hours
- From Nanaimo – 182 km (113 mi) 2.5 hours
- From Comox – 205 km (127 mi) 2 hours 45 minutes
- From Port Alberni – 100 km (63 mi) 1 hours 15 minutes
- From Tofino – 26 km (16 mi) 35 minutes
When traveling north from Nanaimo, exit west on Provincial Highway 4 towards Port Alberni, Tofino and Ucluelet. Eventually, you will arrive at the junction of Highway 4 and the Pacific Rim Highway, which runs south 8 kilometres to Ucluelet or 32km’s north through the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve to Tofino. Turn left at the junction.
Distances and Travel Times to Ucluelet
- From Vancouver – 196 km (122 mi), 2
- Please note: All Season M/S Rating or Winter tires are required when driving Highway 4 to Ucluelet from October 1 to March 31st each year. For more information from British Columbia’s Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure, please click here.
Taking the ferry from Vancouver to Vancouver Island is one of the most scenic water adventures not to be missed when traveling to British Columbia, Canada. BC Ferries offers services from Vancouver to Vancouver Island daily all year round.
From Vancouver you may arrive in Victoria at Swartz Bay, and travel by car for 4.5 hours to arrive in Ucluelet.
Alternately from Vancouver you may take the ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay or Tsawwassen to Duke Point, both in Nanaimo. On average it takes 2.5 hours to drive from Nanaimo to Ucluelet.
For more information or to make a reservation, visit BC Ferries: www.bcferries.com, 1-888-769-3766.
Air Travel to Ucluelet
Tofino/Ucluelet Airport (YAZ) is located near Pacific Rim National Park Reserve and is administered by the Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District. The airport has daily scheduled and charter flights. (Private planes are welcome!).
Pacific Coastal Airlines
- Connecting to 65+ destinations in BC: Pacific Coastal Airlines provides regular schedule, charter, and cargo services to 16 airports with connections to 50+ destinations in British Columbia, more than any other airline.
- Daily service between Vancouver Harbour, Victoria Inner Harbour and Nanaimo Harbour
- Daily scheduled flights between Vancouver & Victoria, Tofino & Ucluelet and Qualicum Beach & Parksville.
- Scheduled flights from the South Terminal at Vancouver International Airport, Nanaimo, and the Pat Bay floatplane terminal in Victoria.
Click on the links below to view driving directions to Ucluelet from Vancouver Island’s airports: